Friday, March 24, 2017

Tamsui & Bali - a Day at the End of the Metro LIne

This was a fun day.  We took the metro to the end of the end of the red line going north.  Our hotel is a couple of stops before the south terminus.  My husband has posted many videos of the Temple parade we chanced upon.  I will post some stills of it next time.  Meanwhile here are a few highlights before and after the parade.  Metros are the same everywhere.  But I loved this advertisement - no idea what it was for.

We walked through a very busy market - no good pictures and ended up at - what else - a temple!



When we walked into the temple we could hear the constant ringing of a bell.  Later I figured out that this monk was kneeling there and ringing the bell in a very steady rhythm.

After the parade we took the ferry to Bali - which was touted as the postcard picture perfect place to go.  Here is the picture that I am going to submit for their advertising postcard!

Maybe I need to try a little harder.







And last - a shot of the board walk that led from the metro station to the ferry and back.
















2 comments:

  1. can't say that skyline is going to capture my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see your sense of humor with the first picture.

    ReplyDelete