Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Moving on - Taipei, Taiwan

My husband posted about our arrival in Taiwan so I won't repeat that.  (http://de-intimidator.blogspot.tw/)  Yesterday we went on one of the free tours they offer in old town Taipei.  The two girls did a great job of explaining Taiwan's history and fielding some political question.  I took mainly street scenes.

High school students doing water color paintings.

228 Peace Memorial Park
I have forgotten what this is called - You are supposed to work barefoot o the pebbled walkway to release tension and massage your feet - I did not try it - only about 1/3 of our group did.

 Tatto Alley - all shops open to the street.
 Painting on building at corner

 We stopped at a temple along the way - not on the list of sights so I am not sure of its name.  I liked the green guy - he is suppose to represent the god as all seeing.  There was another one in red who was pointing at his ear - standing for all hearing.

End of tour at this square.  There is even a stature to exemplifying the Asian love of selfies!  Notice she is giving the two finger pose that you must include in all selfies if you are a true Asian!  Also the ancient guy is also holding a cup of coffee!

1 comment:

  1. I love those last two statues, nice that people can have a sense of humor about themselves!

    ReplyDelete